Thursday, November 27, 2008

sci fi dream

I had a super intense sci fi dream last night, filled with crazy neon colors that might have been the prettiest thing I ever saw.

I didn't write it down in time... and so now all I remember is:

I was on a space ship and absolute doom was pending. I think the concept of the doom originates from the molecular disruption device in the Ender series. All matter was about to be pulled together on this ship and everyone was going to be smashed into microscopic particles. We realized our looming death and embraced it. I looked around the place where I was standing into the faces of strangers and friends with grim faces. I had a sudden realization that my life was over and I needed to jump out into open space. So I opened up a door by pressing a button and ran towards it. As I breached the doorway I pushed off with my feet and I floated into space. Friends and strangers followed me. We floated and stared in awe at stars and nebulas and all the things I remember from the hubble pictures. Behind us, the space ship was pulled into itself and all of it's matter formed a single small sphere. We kept floating. We landed on a planet. We were confused as to why we were still alive. The planet was earth and all of the people on it were people i knew and loved. I spent the rest of the dream trying to explain to everyone that I had just discovered the secret of the universe. I tried to understand if this was the afterlife or if I was god.

No comments: