This is an old dream I wrote down while I was in France.
Monday October 20th 2008
[In color] [Probably inspired by 'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels]
The part of my dream I remember begins towards the end of my dream cycle. I remember that Keegan and I had decided to kill somebody. Who this person was, I do not know... but he represented no moral challenge in the dream at the though of our decision. Keegan and I had to find guns- but the only guns we could find were multicolored plastic guns found on arcade games. Nevertheless, we grabbed a rifle, a shotgun, and a pistol - all of various multi-colors. We approached the man at a high school. It seems, because of the people in the school, that this was my school, but it did not resemble any school I've seen. There was a short exchange with the man - most probably, quite witty. When we pointed the shotgun and the rifle at him, they fired nothing. Trying a couple times each, and failing to produce a killshot, we become frustrated. Keegan, especially frustrated, throws the rifle at the man, who is no trying to escape. The rifle does not hurt the man, but causes him to stop and turn to face us. The rifle came to rest with the barrel now pointed at his heart. At the back of the rifle there is a long plastic rod - something you would pull back to ready a plastic gun to fire an air bullet. As if it was all planned, Keegan pulls the piston out of his inner jacket while turning to face the man. He fires! - but not at the man - at the plastic rod in the back of the rifle. It sets off a reaction in the rifle which fires a bullet straight through the man's heart. The man was positioned at the top of a staircase. As if in a movie, the man fell slowly backwards as red drops rained from his heart; he began to fall down the staircase. Keegan and i hooted and cheered at the perfection of our kill as we watched this man fall down this staircase that seemed to never end. Down and down he tumbled as people walked past casually. Suddenly I was in a classroom and the school was being evacuated. it seems the people in the classroom were faces from High School, but the only one I remember is Karen Knotts, who was furious at me for one reason or the other - but certainly not for my apparent murder assist. Of this murder, no one suspected it was us. After a short confrontation in the hallway, friends pulled me away from her, my last words being 'This is not all about you' or 'It's not always about you' something to that effect. The friends walked with me around the school. People filled the grass and parking lots outside. We walked past a security guard and up to the area where the kill took place. Lying on the ground were our orange, green, blue, and red colored guns - the only thing tying us to the kill. Remembering this I walked past and grabbed the shotgun - the only one that seemed important to me. So as not to be entirely conspicuous I shoed it down the front of my pants, creating an obvious bulge in my groin area. Walking away from the guard I positioned myself always so she could not see this bulge. By now it became apparent to me that the schoolyard had turned into what seems to be a reoccurring geometric shape - a square spiral of terrain. At the top of the spiral is a reoccurring location - a barn filled with hay., surrounded by an evergreen forest, an a small house. It seems there is less and less hay in the barn each time I dream about it which is only important because I seem to concern myself with how much is left each time I dream about it. today, there was almost no hay at all - which was a shame, because that is where I wanted to hide my plastic killing machine. I walked around looking for a place as the face of the dream changed. There were vicious dogs barking at a steep wall where man were provoking the dogs from a perch on top. When I arrived at the scene there were people with me - apparently friends. The men laughed that we couldn't reach them while the dogs jumped and nipped. Finally one of the men was bitten and fell to the ground with a briefcase - the others following. We took them hostage with plastic guns. I made a joke about one of the men, but patted him on the back I walked past him - still in search of a place to hide my weapon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment