D1
angst
[Camera likely inspired by the days' previous obsession with my camera and the cheap/awesome lens I found at Value Village]
[In color][Heightened sense of touch]
I was working on some sort of construction site with a bunch of other people including my father and my brother. The construction site was made up of grassy hills with murky ponds in between. The crew was pulling thick black tarps over the ponds to cover them up I was handing one end of a black tarp and my brother and father were on the other side of our pond. I tossed ropes to them so they could pull their side of the tarp over the pond. Then some guy across a different pond started pulling on another rope - pulling the tarp away from our pond. I yelled at him across the pond to stop pulling because he was going to fuck up the construction project. I know that he heard me, and he decided to ignore me. I continued yelling as he pulled and pulled, not knowing exactly what he was going to fuck up until it actually happened. My camera (a nikon D50) was now the size of a couple large SUV's, it was inside of a clear plastic sphere hanging by a rope over the biggest pond. As the man pulled the rope and our tarp into his pond, the camera dropped into the center of the large pond. I was infuriated. A yelled curses at the man and stomped and screamed. The man made some snide comment and at the apex of my anger I rushed towards him, swinging off of ropes over ponds and hills. I reached his hill and made my last swing on a cart of hanging uniforms (???) and in the same swoop kicked the man square in his jaw. People pulled me away and I continued my anger. The construction project was lost - it was hopeless. Suddenly I was standing in front of the large pond looking out at the camera sitting in the center. It seemed the camera was okay because it was still in the plastic. I was standing with my friend Freddy explaining to him that we could still save the project if we swam out and rescued the camera. There was a lurking sense of danger about the ponds - the reason perhaps we were covering them. Freddy jumped out into the water and began to swim towards the camera. I jumped in just as he almost reached it and also began to swim. Almost immediately Freddy was pulled under the water. I continued to swim as I could see skin colored creatures under the water making a b-line for me. They were far too fast for me to get away! As one of them reached me I felt a cold, plastic clamp on my arm - pulling me down. The creature surfaced for only a moment - it was a featureless mannequin, and it stared (without eyes of course) directly at me as it pulled me under the water and I understood that I would also become one of these creatures and live in this pond.
murder
[In color]
It was night time, I was walking down a dimly lit street with Freddy. We came upon a police officer who was passed out on a curb, seemingly injured. We approached him as he woke up and asked if he was okay. He came to and explained that he had been attacked by kids throwing objects from their houses. We began to walk with him, parallel to a row of large houses. Teenagers on their balconies through objects at us and we began to run. We took a turn as soon as we could and run up a hill - but the objects were still reaching us. We ran into a house, which was owned by an old man and went to the balcony facing the row of houses. Three teenagers stood there and continued to throw things at us. We ran back into the house, angry that we were being attacked and attempted to form a plan of retribution. The old man told us to follow him and we went upstairs and into a high tower. The old man pulled out a large rifle with a scope and explained that we would take care of the kids once and for all! He set up by a window, while each of us made sure to duck so the kids wouldn't have forewarning. I peeked out the window - the kids had set up three paintball rifles and pointed them at the balcony that we were standing on downstairs, waiting for us to return. I ducked back under cover as one of the kids saw me in the window. The old man began firing. When I looked back out the window two of the kids laid dead in their places, while the last one (a chubby white kid with freckles and curly red hair) laid severely injured, in clear pain, draped over his balcony railing. He grabbed something sharp that was close to him and pulled up his shirt, pressing the object to his sternum. I turned away just as everyone else gasped - the kid had finished himself off. I immediately started panicking because I had been an accessory to this murder. Suddenly the dream took a cinematic turn. I watched as four children sat around a square table, eating food on a nice, sunny, summer day. Everyone was dressed in colonial style outfitting. Something began dripping on the center of the table and one of the children screamed. A good-looking, middle-aged woman rushed over to see what the problem was. She ran her finger through the puddle the drip was making - it was blood! The scene suddenly cut to her running upstairs to the next floor, where she saw there was also a drip. Then she ran up to the top floor - an attic - and look of horror crossed her face. Then she was running along a gravel road towards an old man approaching on horse back. She asked of the whereabouts of the previous tenants of the household - the man explained that we had all been married off and lived in different parts of the country.
DUN DUN DUNNNNN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment